Police Scotland – Livestock Worrying Campaign
The following video is now available for viewing and sharing with family, friends, neighbours and colleagues. It contains important safety advice for all dog owners and outlines the distress caused to sheep and consequences of allowing uncontrolled dogs near sheep/ livestock.
- Be a responsible dog owner
- Keep your dog under control and on a lead if walking in the countryside, rural locations or near the edge of town and near sheep or livestock
- Be aware of the distress and serious injury a dog can cause sheep. A dog’s natural instinct is to chase.
- Livestock worrying is a crime and will be dealt with by the Police. Farmers also have a legal right to shoot dogs engaged in livestock worrying.
- If you witness or have any information on a livestock / sheep worrying incident please call Police on 101 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 if you prefer to remain anonymous.
Video is available on link below:
||Add New Comment